If you are looking for a Head of Engineering position or are interested in becoming one, Storm2 has a network of expert Engineers who drive the vision, design, strategy, and implementation of integrated web systems to support the business.
We collaborate with forward-thinking FinTech companies, matching them with Heads of Engineering who have a clear vision for the department and promote the best organizational patterns and practices.
These senior experts are industry thought leaders with extensive engineering experience.
A Head of Engineering leads development teams and collaborates with other business departments to launch new web systems and implement ongoing process improvements for existing systems.
Head of Engineering responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement best-practice engineering visions, strategies, policies, processes, and procedures to support and improve business performance.
- Provide technical assistance to the teams in charge of business development, estimates, and onsite engineering.
- Establish quality and reliability standards by researching industry benchmarks, customer requirements, and research/design and development, and specify the metrics that will be used to evaluate performance against those standards.
- Manage a high-performing team that produces continuous improvement, additional value, and cost savings by providing leadership to departments under your authority and coaching, mentoring, and developing direct reports.
- Prepare the annual Engineering budget and forecasts, as well as all Capital Expenditure plans, and ensure customer and legal compliance. From project identification to completion, manage the budget.
Engineering department heads have a clear vision for the department and support the most effective organizational patterns and practices. They take on high-level issues while maintaining a mix of quality and speed in their products. Storm2 is happy to be working with some of the greatest Heads of Engineering in the FinTech industry.